Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Happy Birthday Mom!

What can I say about Joela???? She's a crazy lady (in a good way)! :-)

Throughout my life, my Mom has been my strength and support (for both my sister Mandy and I). She listens to me rant and rave about my students or my school. She's a survivor of breast cancer - she is my hero!

Mom has always supported my decisions (good and bad) and is always there for me. She's funny and silly - she always makes us laugh. Her passion for life is amazing to me.

Mom has passed on to Mandy and I her love of animals. Mom loves animals and will always help a pet in need. She's Ellie the Cat's grandma!!!! :-)

Mom's love of traveling was passed on to me as well. Growing up, we would go on these family trips all over the country. Because of my parents, I realized that there was a big world out there besides Dalzell, IL (the town of 600 people that I grew up). Next summer, my parents are going to follow their retirement dream of selling the house and traveling across the country in a 5th wheel camper (the photo above - Mom and Dad in front of their soon-to-be new home) full time.

Mom will do anything for "her girls." She protected us when we were little and took crap from no one! For that, I love her more than words could ever say.

Mom - Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for being the "bestest" Mom a girl could ever ask for. Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day!

I love ya Momma! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mama! It brought tears to my eyes! Obviously she has done a very wonderful job with her two girls and I wish her the very bestest birthday ever! :)

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to your mom! Such a nice post :)

Anonymous said...

big happy birthday wishes to your mom! beautiful post miss mdawg :)