Friday, November 23, 2007

Be thankful!

I know this post is one day late. I was a tad bit busy over the past few days.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day . . . .

A few updates:
*Survived Spirit Week Hell. Almost killed all the 10th graders on the night of Decorate the Halls because they kept screwing around and not working to get the hallway decorated. My co-advisor lost her voice from yelling at them. They drive me nuts but I do adore them! :-) We got last place in Spirit Week. I'll post pictures over the weekend. I still need to get the pictures off my camera and onto the computer.
*Still in limbo over the job situation. We don't know when or how the cuts will occur. The School Committee and Superintendent is still looking over all budget items. They froze all non-essential funds (school supplies like paper, etc). I'll keep everyone posted.
*Had a field trip on Tuesday during the day. Took my local history classes to see the Witch Trial Stuff. They enjoyed the trip. I took some photos of the kids so I'll post those pictures at some point.
*Worked the Thanksgiving Day football game at my school. Figured the extra money would be good.
*Spent Thanksgiving at my friend Michelle's house with her family. Had a nice day and good food.
*I'm back at Paws for the holiday season. I really could use the money so I asked if I could come back.

My thankful list:
*My family for always loving and supporting me in everything I do.
*My friends for always being there for me.
*My job.
*Ellie the Cat.
*My health.
*Having a home.
*Our troops stationed all over the world - thank you for protecting my freedom.

Happy Thanksgiving to all . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have to work at Paws again...but hopefully it's only for the holidays.

I am thankful..and very blessed to have you in my life :)

Anonymous said...

great list of of thankfuls mdawg.

that stinks about paws though :( but extra $ is always good & at least you got a little break from there for awhile anyways.