Monday, September 10, 2007

Sept 11th

I took these photos in July 2002 on a weekend visit to New York City. Across the street from the World Trade Center stood a small chapel. This chapel would become a make shift memorial for the victims of Sept. 11th. These photos capture the different memorabilia of family members, friends, and strangers from all over the United States and world that sent their thoughts and prayers to the site.

I remember exactly where I was on that day. I'm sure most people of a certain age remember too. It's very similar to the generation that was around when John F. Kennedy was assassinated - they know where they were and what they were doing at the time he was killed.

It's a sad memory. A memory that will impact me for the rest of my life. A memory of a beautiful early September day when innocent people were killed for no reason. A day that will forever be etched in my heart and thoughts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of Sept 11th.

We will NEVER forget!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I, too, can remember that day like it was yesterday! I remember how much I just wanted my children in my arms so that I could thank God they were safe. That was a horrible tragedy that I pray never happens again. This world is really becoming a scary place to live. The hatred & selfishness is going to destroy all that is good on this earth.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been six years already. So very sad to this day.

I went to the site January 2002 and took the same pics. I lost my pics and so sad that happened. It was before the digital days and the store "lost" my film :(

Anonymous said...

Most people feel the same way... love more, laugh more, live more, forgive more... make every day count... My prayers and sympathy go to all those who lost loved ones...

Why does it take tragedy to bring people together? And why haven't more people learned from this yet?