Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Response to my Christmas Questions

Thanks everyone for sharing your responses! My wish is for you all to get what you want for Christmas and to be happy and healthy for 2007.

What is my first memory of Christmas?
Opening presents with Mom, Dad, and Mandy - near our first live Christmas tree ever! I still remember that smell - it's the best smell in the world. Oh, and my first Barbie doll! :-)

What do you like about the Christmas season? What do you dislike about the Christmas season?
I like being with family and friends over the holiday. I don't like the craziness and hypocrisy of people in the malls and shopping and the rudeness of people pushing and shoving in the stores - isn't it tis the season folks?

What do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?
Gift cards from the following locations: Barnes and Noble, Staples, Pier One Imports, Yankee Candle, and Pottery Barn.

Oh, my Amazon Wish List is here.

Most importantly, I want to be in IL with my family and friends. I fly out on December 23rd so watch out IL! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my first cabbage patch kid at Christmas time. I even remember the smell too :)

Anonymous said...

Its great to read your answers too... I haven't had a real tree in years... but still buy candles and spray to get the SMELL... its just calming... but kind of rejuvenating at the same time...

That smell and x-mas cookies... two of the best things... Thanks for reminding me.

Anonymous said...

great to read your answers loo. thats the best part of this holiday - being with family & friends & just thinking about all the wonderful past ones.

my sister put up all the ornaments we used when all the nieces & nephews were little & the huge stockings... its so wonderful but yet sad to see them. its probably the last christmas in this house (mum wants to put it up for sale in the spring) and it just seems like yesterday when all the kids were little running around. snif snif - they're all growning up & even though they are still wonderful - its sad to not have "little ones" running around. well we have jeff's 2 - but its just a little different if you know what i mean. its not at mom & dads house with all the decorations etc...

oh now i need a tissue! sorry for the book!

Anonymous said...

The Ring ,where you disappeared? Call to me fast!
- nhsteacher.blogspot.com e
spaghetti alla carbonara