Sunday, December 17, 2006

A crazy busy week

It's going to be a crazy week in the life of M-Dawg.

I'm supposed to be evaluated some time this week. Never mind that our contract states that evaluations needed to be completed by December 15th. So, I need to come up with a creative, student centered activity for my freshman World History class. I'm in the middle ages so I thought I'd do a Middle Ages Charades game to help them review for their quiz at the end of the week. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm up for them! :-) My students also have a project due at the end of the week before we head off for a much needed break.

I also need to finish packing up my classroom. I'm being moved into the modulars over the break. I'm so thrilled because I'll actually have a "real" classroom. What do I mean by that? Well, a classroom that will have heating/cooling, white boards, windows, and clean air! The littlest things in life make me so very happy! :-) I started packing last week so I have a ton of boxes all over my classroom. The walls are so bare! The kids told me they don't like the bare walls. I promised them that we will decorate our new classroom space once we get out into the modulars.

Oh, the faculty at my school will be voting on whether or not we are keeping block scheduling on Tuesday. I personally like it. Most of the kids like it too based on a survey that was given to them during homeroom. I hope the faculty does the right thing and votes to keep the block. I get so much more accomplished with the kids on block scheduling.

I'm also working at Paws on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Late hours too. I need to pack and get ready to leave for IL on Saturday evening. It will be good to just get away and just rest and relax for a week. I'm debating about whether or not I should bring any school work with me. Ughy! The life of a teacher! :-)

Have a good week everyone! :-)

PS My blog was referenced over at the AFT blog - check it out! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes... no one multi tasks like you do... take a breath every once in awhile... can't wait to see you in ILLINOIS... Have a safe trip... See ya SOON!

Anonymous said...

You deserve to have a nice relaxing vacation :) Enjoy it!