Friday, March 03, 2006

My Civil Duty is Officially Over!

It's official! I've finished jury duty.

The trial was in Lawrence, MA at the Superior Court House. The case dealt with fraud. And, yes - we, the jury, found the guy guilty!

It was a VERY LONG week! I was sworn to not discuss the case - even with my Mom. :-)

The whole trial process was very educational and interesting. I can definitely see why lawyers get paid so much money! I learned a great deal and was able to take back some of the experience and share it with my students.

Since I was on Feb break last week and had jury duty until Thursday, my first official day back to school was today. It felt strange being back to school. I missed the kids so much! I'm really behind in my curriculum now since I was out all those days.

Next Monday, I have to kick it up and try and get caught up with my content.

Softball season starts on Monday, March 20th. My life will get crazy busy again once softball season starts.

The joy of being a teacher . . . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jury Duty sounded interesting. I had a real boring one a few years back and lasted for weeks!