Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

OK. Yes, I've had a pretty easy few weeks. Yes, I had most of last week off for jury duty. Yes, I had the week before that off from school. BUT, I need a vacation!

My stress level has increased tremendously the past few days. Of course, I have grades due on Friday. That may be the reason why I'm so stressed out. I start coaching freshman softball on the 20th and it really has me stressed out. I'm wondering how I can manage teaching, working a second job, and coaching all at the same time. I can't quit the second job - I really need the money right now. The bills never go away - trust me - I tried to wish them away and it doesn't work!

Can I stop being a responsible adult yet?????

Enough venting!

My students are the ones that really keep me laughing! They say the silliest things in class. As shitty as the pay is in teaching, my students really make it worth coming to work.

My principal came into my A3 class today to do an informal observation. I was a little freaked at first because he never mentioned that he was coming in. Luckily, my plans for the block were pretty straight forward. I'm still in the French Revolution and we are currently storming the Bastille. As I have mentioned in previous posts, this is my third year and it is a vital year - meaning that I receive professional status or what was formally known as tenure. I really enjoy teaching at Newburyport High School but I keep waiting for the bottom to fall. Again, my negative thinking.

Ughy!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you feel the pressure to succeed but you are an amazing teacher and I'm sure they see that. NBP H.S. is lucky to have such a caring, dedicated teacher :)

Anonymous said...

Corey's teacher sent home a paper with the following quotation from E.C. McKennzie:
"School teachers are not appreciated by parents until it rains all day Saturday".

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! Don't ever worry about your teaching skills... anyone that talks to you for 5 minutes would wish you had taught them... And about the guy "sitting in", I'm sure that is just a requirement that they must do for everyone. And believe me, like I said before, if I had you for history, I would remember way more information!

Keep your chin up, and just resolve to not have all the answers, do what you can and the rest will fall into place... All these heavy things you have to deal with just keep making you stronger...

Remember WE LOVE YOU... Jeffrey too!

Anonymous said...

oh loo - take a deep breath! you are going to be fine & they have to see how wonderful of a teacher you are. its just probably requirement & sometimes they might want to surprise you, catch you off guard & see how well you are.

as for everything that is heading your way, please try to not be stessed already. everything will probably fall into place & if not you can deal with it as it comes & find a solution to the problem. if you get yourself all worked up now, it could be for nothing.

and please think positive wonderful things of yourself. as traci commented - when you talk - we all wish we had a teacher like you. i always wished my nieces & nephews had a teacher like you as well. you are wonderful at what you do and are a very wonderful person.

Anonymous said...

oh loo - take a deep breath! you are going to be fine & they have to see how wonderful of a teacher you are. its just probably requirement & sometimes they might want to surprise you, catch you off guard & see how well you are.

as for everything that is heading your way, please try to not be stessed already. everything will probably fall into place & if not you can deal with it as it comes & find a solution to the problem. if you get yourself all worked up now, it could be for nothing.

and please think positive wonderful things of yourself. as traci commented - when you talk - we all wish we had a teacher like you. i always wished my nieces & nephews had a teacher like you as well. you are wonderful at what you do and are a very wonderful person.