Monday, March 03, 2008

You really didn't need that second parking space, did ya M-Dawg?

When I bought my condo almost three years ago, it came with two parking spaces. I hemmed and hawed about whether or not I should sell the second space but I decided to keep the second space for the value that it might add when I go to sell the condo later on.

I currently rent out the second parking space to a couple on the other side of the building because their unit only came with one parking spot and they have two cars.

Tonight, I come home to find a garbage dumpster IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PARKING SPACE!!! And, five poles have been installed into the pavement to put up fencing around the dumpster. Nice!

So my concern in the beginning of this drama was the couple and where would they park their car? I called them and left a message explaining to them I don't know what is going on and when I find something out, I'll let them know. And then my concern was that this is MY PROPERTY and I PAY TAXES on it. The fact that my condo association never notified me started to piss me off.

Since we are run by an association, we don't have any contact info except an emergency pager number and email address. So, I contacted both to ask what was the deal? I have yet to get a response from either.

Meanwhile, the couple that rents my parking spot called me to tell them THEY were called today at work to let them know that the parking spot had been relocated and they still have a parking space. Nice. No phone call to me. I still have no idea where they moved the space. From what the couple told it's a temporary space until they (the association) can figure where to move the space permanently.

And the best part of the story: If there was any mentioning of this type of thing in the condo documents - I would have no clue. Why? Because I don't have the condo docs. I've been emailing the association since I moved in here almost three years ago and they keep promising they would get me a copy. I'm still waiting. The documents would have any restrictions, rules, fines, property info, etc. on not only my condo but whole building and grounds.

I'm so mad right now. Apparently, I'm asking too much from my association. Good thing I pay condo dues, heh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GEEEEZ, LORI! IF IT'S NOT ONE THING IT'S ANOTHER - HUH? JUST WHAT YOU NEEDED WAS STRESS ON THE HOMEFRONT AFTER WHAT YOU JUST HAD TO DEAL WITH AT SCHOOL! MAYBE YOU SHOULD INVEST IN A HOTTUB TO EASE YOUR TROUBLES AWAY! :)

Anonymous said...

jeepers ! how annoying! i dont understand why they cant give you a copy. do the couple who rent your parking spot have it? maybe they can make you a copy?

sorry to hear this mdawg. one more thing just to be a thorn in your side. keep your head up kiddo.

i like chery'ls idea of the hot tube :)

Anonymous said...

Geez! I can't believe that! That's all you need on top of everything else. I hope you get an even better parking space back even though your renting it but it's still yours. Hopefully you didn't/won't have to go through too much of a headache.