Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Waiting Game

I wish that I could report good news to everyone.

First can I just say how wonderful and supportive all of my "peeps" (aka friends) have been with the comments and emails! You guys absolutely rock!

I found out on Friday that I didn't get the Medfield and Bromfield positions. Double whammy! These were my first and second choices. This process has been so emotionally draining. I know my folks are worried about me (my peeps too). I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but it's getting harder the longer the process continues.

Still haven't heard from Hull yet. There is a little bit of drama behind this one that I really don't want to share yet.

On a happier note, I have an interview on Monday at Rye Junior High School in Rye, NH. It's a grade 7 history position. This school is only 20 minutes north from me. And, I have an interview at Salem High School in MA on June 23rd. This is a World History position. Salem is about 45 minutes south from me. PS This is the same Salem of the infamous 1692 Witch Trials - historically, this could be a great place to work!


And, to top if off, I'm trying to finish up the school year and my curriculum. I'm finishing up with World War I - unfortunately, I'm not doing it the justice it deserves! It's my favorite topic to teach in World History. Plus, I'm packing everything up in my classroom. I'm such a pack rat - I think as a History teacher, I'm so afraid of throwing anything away. I figure now is a good time to get rid of some stuff so I'm donating some materials to the History/English depts, school library, and other colleagues that might have a use for some of my stuff.

So, this is my life. Nuts! Crazy! Busy! Upsetting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's so discouraging! When I was laid off in 2001 it was the worst feeling in the world. I feel for ya and I know how you feel. Hang in there...I know something is going to work for you...I have faith :)

If you need to talk...call me

Lea said...

Lori, I'm thinking of you and wish you luck on your next interviews. I'm sure you will find something soon.

Anonymous said...

lauren is right - it does get discouraging but please stay strong & keep going. sometimes the best things take time to come to light. i also have faith that something wonderful is out there for you.

salem would be a fun place to work at - so much history there thats for sure.

lots of luck & well wishes coming your way loo.