Saturday, June 16, 2007

Winding things down at school and home . . . . . .

I'm slowing getting things done.

Check list:
*Bought all my toiletries for my trip.
*Graded projects.
*Ellie the Cat is taken care of - thanks to Aileen! :-)
*Prescriptions all set.
*Travel to Logan Airport in Boston is all set.
*Contacted my bank to notify them I'm traveling to Russia so they don't do something stupid - like stop ALL transactions! Ughy!
*Contacted my health insurance to notify them I'm going to Russia.
*Cleaned and packed up classroom materials.
*Put my Netflix account on hold.
*Notified my condo association that I'll be gone for a month.
*Stop mail service.
*Travel blog all set.

What needs to be done:
*Finish grading final exams.
*Enter final grades into Gradekeeper and print out sheets for my students so they can pick up thier grades on Monday.
*Enter grades into school system for report cards.
*PACK!
*Hair appt on Tuesday morning before I leave.
*Pedicure.
*Get money out of savings account for my trip.
*Pay bills
*Gifts for my host families.

I'm probably missing a ton of stuff. If I have the time, I'll update my list.

I work all weekend so this should be interesting if I can get everything done that needs to get down. Ughy!

Oh, add to this, I had to deal with four of my Honors students that plagiarized their research papers. They will receive zeros for their grade which will impact their final grade for 4th quarter. The best part: one of the students - their Mom is an English teacher in my building! Joy! That was a drama in itself yesterday! Ughy! :-(

Can my life get anymore exciting and busy?????????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip in case we don't get to talk again before you leave!
Can't wait to see ya when you get back and hear all about it!
Love Ya!

Lauren & Rich said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about your trip via the travel blog :)