Wednesday, June 11, 2008

7 more wake up days until school is OUT!

Quick summary of the past week:

*Seven fire alarms in three days set off by students.

*We had our eighth fire alarm set off today by a kid.

*Autistic student had major melt down in my classroom over the Holocaust PowerPoint I showed the class. I warned him and asked him if he would leave the classroom since it would upset him. I was right. He was wrong. He freaked out.

*Seniors FINALLY graduated!

*I asked my SPED teacher to modify the final exam. He told me it didn't need to be modified. I showed it to two other SPED teachers and they said it NEEDS to be modified. Guess what history teacher will end up doing her SPED teacher's job AGAIN??????????

*Trying to get all my curriculum taught by Friday since final exams are next week. Yeah, try teaching World War II and the Holocaust in three 90 minute classes with fire alarms going off at the same time. :-(

*Sophomore class officers STILL haven't booked their Junior prom venue yet (they are supposed to book it by this Friday). SO not going to happen.

*I'm trying to correct country portfolio binders from the Current World Affairs classes. The kids didn't follow the directions so the grades are LOW. Oh, this portfolio binder counts as their final exam (two test grades) for 4th quarter.

*Did I mention 7 more wake up days until summer vacation???????????????????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, y'all have 7 more?
I'm five out and I've already started talking to the assembled produce in the grocery store.

WWII gets taught in Elem. school too.
I introduce the holocaust with a piece from StoryCorps.
http://www.storycorps.net/listen/stories/debbie-fisher-and-terrence-hicks

This year I heard a song on the radio on Memorial Day, The Red Ball Express, while I was puzzling over how to cover the 20th century in 7 1/2 minutes ;}
Their story became the centering point for my WWII in Europe. Apparently a lost convoy of Red Ball Truckers liberated a concentration camp.

Good luck with the final hours.

Anonymous said...

7 days too many I'm sure... Sounds like you have your hands full... At least you have something good to look forward too... a couple months of not having to be in "the building"... I know you will be busy with Paws and getting ready for next year... but try and ENJOY alittle bit of Summer!!!

Anonymous said...

Just think summer break is just around the corner. Hang in there!