Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What is your inspiration?

Who or what inspires you?

I have a few responses to this question.

1) My Mom inspires me as a woman every day. This woman is amazing! She's overcome breast cancer. She's a funny lady who sees the humor in life. She encourages both my sister and I to be who we want to be in life. She supports me now matter how much I mess up in my life. And, she inspires me to just be me and to love myself (which most days can be a difficult task).

2) My English and History teachers in High School. I had two amazing educators in my life in high school that believed in me and encouraged me to become a high school History teacher. My History teacher died ten years ago. But, my English teacher and I still email each other and keep in touch. Recently, he asked me if he could use me as a reference for a teaching position at a community college. How cool is that?

3) My students inspire me to become a better teacher every single day. They are the reason why I love what I do in my life. They encourage me to be creative and to be a life long learner and positive role model (hopefully!). :-)

4) My colleagues. I've been VERY blessed in all three school systems that I've worked in to have worked with incredible people. We support each other. We collaborate. We bitch and vent to each other. We share teaching ideas with each other. And, we have fun together.

What inspire you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my inspiration are my own expectations for myself and from others who have touched my life in whatever way. Inspiration, it may be the most community-centric of motivations.

Anonymous said...

Rich's cousin Denise was always my inspiration. Always full of life even with cancer.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I like your sources of inspiration!