Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lots of excitement in the world of MDawg

Let's see . . . . where do I start?

Busy week. Had a ton of meetings and lots of late nights at school this past week. School Council meeting, parent conferences, National Honor Society Induction Ceremony, etc.

The best part of my week: I come home after a long day at work to find the common hallway of my condo building flooded - with sewage and water. In front of my door. Ugh. A drain was clogged and a plumber had to be called in to fix the problem.

Luckily, my unit only received minimal damage. And, the condo association needs to pay for the clean up and fix the pipes. They had to tear up the carpeting in the main hallway. And, I had to stay in a hotel one night (the association is paying for it). Ellie the Cat had to be moved out for a day too.

The smell has been lovely to say the least. :-(

The good news: had all my rugs professionally cleaned and I didn't have to pay for it. Bad news: won't know until the summer on a hot day how "clean" my place really will be . . . .

Oh, and I didn't miss any school because of this drama. I've been getting pulled out of classes for mandated training a lot this month so I really couldn't afford to lose a day of curriculum.

The joy of teaching to a test - thanks No Child Left Behind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes!!! i know it doesn't help right now... but it really could have been worse... take care and i hope that trouble is over :-)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Maybe, just maybe, teaching to the test will be a thing of the past when the Obama administration takes over. Maybe.