Monday, July 07, 2008

Working with the dogs . . . . .

I'm here. Alive and kicking. Barely. :-)

Been working a ton of hours at the doggie store. Compared to last summer, the store hasn't been that busy. I'm sure the high gas prices is keeping a lot of people away from traveling and spending money. It is great to see all the dogs. They rock my world! :-)

I've been getting over food poisoning so I haven't been myself for a week. I'm feeling much better but my body doesn't want to be 100% yet.

I've also been doing a lot of the reading for my class that begins next week. I have a lot of work to do before next Monday - four books need to be read, one book review paper, and three note summaries need to be written. Unfortunately, the readings are boring so it's difficult to get through them at a fast pace. I don't mind reading historical books as long as they are interesting and to the point.

It's been hot and humid here in New England. I don't do well with humidity . . . I finally had to turn my A/C on today. I've been lucky most of the summer . . . . my condo is located on the first floor so it remains relatively cool during the day. However, today it got a little too warm for me so I turned on A/C.

Ellie the Cat has the right idea . . . . just hang out on the futon! :-)

3 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'm not a great fan of refrigerated air either--especially since it costs so much to turn on the A/C switch! Sounds like you don't have to do that too often, however. Save those pennies where you can!

Anonymous said...

Lori's Lovable Paws sound good to me...lol! Hang in there and stay cool!

Anonymous said...

food poisoning? YUK!!!! you and I have the same luck... if something is going to happen, it will happen to us... at least there is a bright side... we always make it thru!

any news on your parking space?