Saturday, March 28, 2009

Very long week . . . . .

This past week has been VERY long . . . . .

On Monday, I found out my cousin passed away. He had cancer.

On Tuesday, one of my students stole my ITouch off my computer desk. My Housemaster searched them but nothing came up. I feel violated and upset. I can no longer trust any of my students. In ten years of teaching, no student has EVER stolen from me. The kids are upset for me too since a lot of them know how much I sacrifice and give to them. On a positive note: kids can be "stupid thieves" - they will eventually talk and it will come out on who stole it. I will never see my ITouch again (kids usually steal them, delete the music, and then turn around and sell them to other students). I still have that Midwest too trusting thing going on and it officially was killed on Tuesday. :=(

Tried to end the week on a positive note: I chaperoned the Junior Prom. The kids looked wonderful. Sometimes, they can clean up good! :-) Us teacher folk had a fun time too. We kept requesting old school songs in the beginning of the evening. No one was dancing at first so we requested the Twist song and each of us grabbed a student from a different table to go out on the dance floor and dance. It worked! They started to dance at that point and we heard rap music for the rest of the evening.

So, this is why I've been a little more MIA than usual.

For those of you that sent me emails requested French Revolution materials, I did respond this past week. If ya didn't get the stuff from me, please let me know and I can use my school email account.

Just started Napoleon this week. Really trying to plug through all the curriculum that needs to get taught this year.

Grades for 3rd quarter close on Friday. I noticed in my grade book that a lot of my students are currently failing. Not good. This freshman class this year just doesn't seem to "get it" -

I am taking Monday off for a mental health day . . . . AND, U2 tickets are going on sale so I want to try and get tickets for the Sept 20th concert. :-)

Have a good week folks.

3 comments:

traci said...

hope you enjoy your monday off... and hope you get the concert tickets you are trying for...

on the itouch situation... that really SUCKS... you are right that eventually someone will talk... it won't help you get anything back... but at least the thief will have to look you in the face and know that YOU KNOW...

sorry for the loss of your cousin too... sounds like a really long nasty week... hope things start going in a better direction

Anonymous said...

I hope you have had a better week. I'm sorry about everything.

Teacha said...

thanks for sending me the materials. It will be my last project for my Freshmen!