Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow day in New England

Received the call at 5:00 am that we had no school today due to the impending snow storm.

I'm sure it helped that I did the naked snow/must have a day off of school dance last night . . . . ha, ha, ha!!!! :-)

Not really much to report. Started the Enlightenment and Scientific Revolution unit with my freshman last week. I'm looking forward to teaching the French Revolution (it's one of my favorite units to teach). My Honors will be starting a 3rd quarter research paper next week. Also have a new group of students for my local history class (it's an elective). I have 25 students in the class - mostly 11th and 12th graders. They seem to be a good group thus far.

So, what are my big plans for the snow day? Let's see . . . .

*Grocery shopping (I have NO food in the house).
*Catch up on reading blogs.
*Filing - the stack of papers in the to be filed pile is so high that Ellie the Cat can't see a thing over them.
*Periodically dig out car so plow guy can dig me out.
*Watch some movies.
*Probably should do some correcting but really just want to enjoy the day off. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you got to enjoy some of your day... we had snow here too, but not enough to really effect anything... if only it would pack... jeffrey and mark are dying to make a snowman :-)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I, too, hope you enjoyed the day and forgot about correcting papers!