Saturday, September 20, 2008

I live for weekends! :-)

I have to admit it's been nice having weekends off. No second job. Just relax. Enjoy time with friends. Enjoy time with Ellie the Cat. Enjoy time with me. :-)

Other news:

*My sister adopted a dog! A friend of hers had a friend who's boss just had a baby and they were having a tough time with the baby and the dog. The dog is two years old. It's a half Yorkie, half Havanese mix. She tells me Maddy is a cutie pie! My sis said she would email me a pic of her baby soon. My sister (like me) is a HUGE dog person so she's going to make a GREAT MOM! How cute is this: My sister Mandy now has a Maddy baby! :-)

*School is good but busy. My colleagues are amazing and so supportive (not that they were not supportive in past years). Being in the freshman house is such a great support for me. We all look out for each other. My school has a different feel this year - almost like we are a REAL school. It's a good thing since there have been a lot of issues that the school needed to work on regarding teachers, students, and administration. Here is hoping to a wonderful school year.

*Volleyball is good too. My girls are improving and getting better each day. Last night we had a match and actually played three games (we play best out of three at the JV level). They were SO excited that I can't begin to describe it. I'm proud of them. They are happy and so am I. :-)

*Lots of old friends are contacting me through my Facebook account. Especially my high school friends. I only started the Facebook account when my former students from my first school encouraged me to set up an account. It's been nice getting in touch again with old friends (even a few old boyfriends!) :-)

*Ellie the Cat is wearing her new Halloween collar and she looks boooeatiful! :-)

Plans for the weekend: Going to go yard sale shopping with my friend Aileen today and do some cleaning around the condo. Sunday: rest and relax. Do some school work. I'm behind in my correcting. Ugh.

What are your exciting plans for the weekend????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! I feel like we haven't talked in forever!! Congrats to your sister :) Being a furry mom is the best!

I'm glad you are enjoying time off these days. It's long over due and you are well worth these days...enjoy!